Safeguarding Children Online
In accordance with ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education (2021)’ Hardwick Primary School recognises the 4C’s areas of risk that arise when a child:
- engages with and/or is exposed to illegal, inappropriate and potentially harmful CONTENT for example: pornography, fake news, racism, misogyny, self-harm, suicide, anti-Semitism, radicalisation and extremism;
- is subjected to potential harmful social interaction or CONTACT with other users, for example: peer to peer pressure, commercial advertising and adults posing as children with the intention to groom or exploit them for sexual, criminal, financial or other purposes;
- their personal online behaviour or CONDUCT increases the likelihood of, or causes harm for example: making, sending and receiving explicit messages (including consensual and non-consensual sharing of nudes ad semi-nudes and/or pornography), sharing of explicit images and online bullying;
- is party to and/or exploited by a potentially harmful COMMERCE risks such as online gambling, inappropriate advertising, phishing or financial scams.
Hardwick Primary School are committed to developing and understanding of e-safety for our whole school community including our staff, pupils and parents/ carers.
We are keen to help our whole-school community understand the benefits and risks of the internet, how to use electronic devices safely and the benefits and risks of new and emerging technology.
Hardwick Primary School achieves this by ensuring:
- Pupils are supervised and monitored appropriately when using the Internet
- Pupils are given clear objectives for Internet use.
- Pupils are provided with advice and guidance on suitable websites and Apps.
- Pupils are educated on e-safety as part of our curriculum.
- Our curriculum planning identifies opportunities to enrich and extend learning activities.
- Parents/ carers are aware of their responsibilities in relation to keeping their child(ren) safe on the internet.
- Parents/ carers have signed the Communication Policy Agreement and the Device Home Loan Agreement.
- Our internet provider is BT.
- Appropriate firewalls are in place to monitor in school and off site use of our devices.
- Hardwick Primary School uses a key logger to monitor computer use.
For parental guidance on the 4C’s, please press here
For more information on how to keep your child safe online, please click on the logo below